You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arrows Heads For Real

2014 was the first time it mentioned that this is such a "must have" tool to have for paths.

Literally Affinity Designer cannot be productively be used for anything remotely like technical illustration where you need call outs etc.

So please this is now 2019 4 to 5 years later now!

Even Gravit Designer a web based app has super path end options !!!

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

Maybe you should from time to time look at the Beta versions which do support these now for start and end points ...

arrows.jpg.b16ae84dab86e62ae1f1de86b7d0ded7.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

23 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Maybe you should from time to time look at the Beta versions which do support these now for start and end points ...

arrows.jpg.b16ae84dab86e62ae1f1de86b7d0ded7.jpg

No, he could have waited four to five years until a week ago. Until then, there were no arrowheads in the beta.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

19 hours ago, Jowday said:

No, he could have waited four to five years until a week ago. Until then, there were no arrowheads in the beta.

So you think it makes sense to request something, that is already being solved?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

4 hours ago, Pšenda said:

So you think it makes sense to request something, that is already being solved?

My point was that "from time to time" makes little sense when nothing happens for four long, long years anyway. It is a waste of time. This guy was lucky that this feature finally arrived that same week after years and years of waiting and a lot of other complaints from customers. Trying to teach HIM a lesson under these circumstances is fanboy behavior.

It would make more sense if one could sign of for news when features from the roadmap is actually implemented and in beta ready for test. Some of us don't have time for monitoring software and forums when essential features are not implemented for years anyway. Some people actually work and create value.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

it is also helpful to remember that while Affinity is an amazingly well developed set of software, they have hardly any employees at all compared to say, Adobe or Corel working on this stuff. Just have to be patient, as hard as it is. We all want these products now, now, now because they are so awesome and we want them fully featured now, now, now. It will get there and I have no doubt in my mind that when it does, it will do to Adobe what Adobe did to Quark. :) 

34 minutes ago, Jowday said:

My point was that "from time to time" makes little sense when nothing happens for four long, long years anyway. It is a waste of time.

No need to watch the forum all the time. But before I send the request, I will check, if it is still up to date and it makes sense.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

56 minutes ago, Jowday said:

Trying to teach HIM a lesson under these circumstances is fanboy behavior.

It would make more sense if one could sign of for news when features from the roadmap is actually implemented and in beta ready for test. Some of us don't have time for monitoring software and forums when essential features are not implemented for years anyway. Some people actually work and create value.

The answer wasn't meant to teach anybody any lessons here, just a hint that it actually is implemented in the betas and that it's one of the rare ways to keep be informed about possible changes and in order to recognize that at least something happened lately into this direction. - Usually I would have answered instead (...as I often did before), "don't wait for Godot", better look elsewhere since other software offers such things and can be used for these purposes then.

1 hour ago, Jowday said:

Some people actually work and create value.

And all the others here are just drilling only in the nose or how do I have to interpret this?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2