You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am creating a simple logo it is just text surrounded by an outlined box.  After I created it and sent it to my client, he said it is pixelated.  When I view it doesn't look pixilated.  What am I doing wrong?  It is a rectangle shape so the pixel size I created is about 5000px by about 250px.  Still can't get away from the pixilation.  What am I doing wrong?

• Staff

Which Affinity app are you using and which format are you exporting to before sending? Certain formats such as JPEG and PNG are raster based so even vectors are rasterised when exporting. Try exporting to PDF, this should retain the quality.

Also what size will the logo be, is it being reduced in size?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I have created it in both Designer and Photo, but since is it is just text Designer seems to be the more logical program.  

I was trying to make the logo big 5000px x 250px so that it didn't need to be enlarged.  

I think it may have been the font type I was using that was creating the problem.  I am not sure.  I created a new one with a different logo using 11in x 2.5 in (again rectangle in shape) and that seemed to not pixelize.

I've attached the original one I created and I attached the new one.  I'd appreciate any feedback as to if the new one looks ok.  The original with pixelation is the MCC Logo and the new one is just Culinary.

Geoff  

MCC Logo 1.png

Culinary.png

For clarity @onthelevelmarketing is referring to the file names, the top image with dark blue lettering is MCC and the bottom image with black lettering is Culinary.

Where is the logo going to be used? Web, Printed, both?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi Geoff, as Lee D has mentioned above, PDF is the best way to export for print, the text will be clean and crisp. SVG is an option if you want the text clean and crisp, SVG will also be better if you need to scale the image.

MCC.svg