You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set svg tag height+width to pixel dimension on export.

Hi

Just switched to Affinity Designer this week and love the app.

I'm a Web/UI designer and need to able to export svg icons for web. I like the export features in AD, but I'm having an issue with the exported SVGs. The svg tag within the the svg file is exported with height and width set to 100%. (eg. <svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 44 44" … ). This is given me problems with creating svg icons to be used as background img in css, which needs specifically defined height & width in pixels. Right now I would have to open the svgs in a text editor and change them manually, which isn't a fun thing to do.

So I'd like to see an export option that would set those dimension based on the slice dimensions, in pixels.

Thanks for making such a great app. 

-Pete

• Staff

Hi Pete,

I think we'd have to make this an option as you said - we used to write simply width and height as pixel dimensions and no viewBox, but it meant that people couldn't use their SVGs easily as scalable elements on their pages, so we defaulted to the current solution. I'll look at adding the option soon :)

Thanks for the suggestion,

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi jardakotesovec,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

We have already taken note of this request. Up voting features will not change or speed up the order things will be implemented.

There are other factors/constraints that must be taken in consideration during development that may delay (or speed up) the implementation of certain features.

• 1 year later...

As it happens, I implemented this option yesterday, and it should be in the next beta. The choice is between:

• <svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 40 40"
  • <svg width=40px height=40px

Hopefully one of those will satisfy all parties.

Where is that option? I Only see a checkbox for "set view box", with no further options.