You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug or Feature-Request? (Slider-Reset)

Hi all,

Photo - Develop-Persona:
there are lots of sliders with handles. Those handles can be reset by double-clicking on them.
but this feature is only available in the develop-persona.

reset.gif.5533d0e8b51113bcd38b6e43b08109f9.gif

Since I find this quick-reset useful, I consider the absence of this "double-click to reset" in other parts of Photo as a bug.

kind regards
Fritz

I look at it as a bug. Since it works in the Develop Persona, and doesn't in Photo, it must be a bug in the Photo Persona. Or it's a bug in the Develop Persona. I would like it to work in the Photo Persona too.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

As I recall in PS (pshaw - not used it for ages), the double-click works in ACR but not in main PS body.

Still, double-click reset would be an excellent default everywhere.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:18 AM, Fritz_H said:

but this feature is only available in the develop-persona.

That would explain why, having read about double-clicking to reset to defaults, I have never been able to get it to work! 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

On 3/10/2019 at 5:18 AM, Fritz_H said:

Since I find this quick-reset useful

Me too. What would be even more useful is being able to 'toggle' a slider between default and the last selected value before resetting. This could be accomplished by, for example, using Alt- or Option-click to reset to default and Ctrl- or Control-click to restore the previous value. 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

3 hours ago, KARILIYATSI said:

there are lots of sliders with handles. Those handles can be reset by double-clicking on them.

How interesting. I didn't know that. Always good to learn something new. Thanks!

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.