You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blocky artifacts from some adjustment layers

Hi,

I get some strange blocky artifacts with some layers turned on:

Here's the image w/o layers:

image.thumb.png.e181940ee9270efcdcc7ed98ce4dfeca.png

Same section w/layers turned on:

image.png.f105a8c6b13e3972f0320abfd4f9b090.png

I think it's this high pass layer, since disabling it make these artifacts disappear:

image.png.646d0a4397428193b14702fc99fd6e4e.png

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

Hey TEcHNOpls,

I believe this happens when you have a High Pass Live Filter Layer in the document and you then select the Paint Brush Tool and drag it around the canvas (without painting anything). The rendering tiles seem to go a different tone and remain on the screen. They shouldn't export like that—can you confirm?

Hi, i will confirm that once home, but I seem to see this on export too. it's the same image as in the other bug repot, and there I was working on exported images.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

It definitely looks similar to the High Pass issue I logged a while back where the Paint Brush Tool would display rendering tiles. However, the Paint Brush Tool doesn't affect your document so it could be another issue entirely. Leave it with me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Getting this in latest release, 1.7.1.404. It is caused by the lower blur...blurring the image, not the upper blur blurring the mask itself. This isn't a work-flow scenario, but it shows the point. It definitely exports to PNG.

image.png

@Picksy,

This forum is for posting problems with the current Beta version, not the Release version.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.