You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is my App Store License Key

Hi there @ Affinity Forum

I purchased Photo from the Apple App Store. Now I want to move my Photo Key to a new Mac with a different Apple ID. But this is not possible as I never received a product key from the App Store.

So how can I get my product key from the App Store?

Greets

Gregor

Any purchase of an Affinity app from either the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store does not involve a serial number/licence key, since the particular app is automatically linked to the store account of the purchaser.

I am not a Mac user but as I understand it, you need to log into the store on your new computer using the same Apple ID as you used for the original purchase and the app will then be available for download.  Since you have set up your new computer with a different ID, apparently, I believe you will need to log out of that ID (on your new computer) and then log in with the old ID.

Hopefully, a Mac user will see your post and can advise you whether there is any method by which you might be able to transfer the apps in your original ID account to be available to your new ID account.

HTH
Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

The Mac Apple Store supports something called (I think) Family Sharing. Perhaps that would allow the two different IDs to be associated, so they could each share the purchases made on the other?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, SFurniss said:

You would only have a product key if you had bought the app directly from us. If you sign into your Apple Store account with the same email address you used to place the order you will be able to download again from there.

What if I aslo need run Affinity's app in a window system ? How can I get the access of license.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, chomaee said:

I bought the Affinity Designer from the apple store can I participate in the beta program

Yes. Just download it from the Designer Beta on Mac forum and install it alongside your retail version. You'll find it in a topic that is pinned near the top of that forum.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1