You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugins Not Installing

As the topic suggests, I've tried to install Ink and Fx_box plugins and nada. I'm following the instructions. Update: However, I was able to install Nik. I'm still not sure why the others will not install, so if anyone has input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi steeverdezines

Just replied to your post regarding the Nic collection. With regard to plugins generally and Affinity, it's a hit and miss affair at the moment, some plugins work, others don't. I believe they are mindful of improving this aspect as they progress with updates but at the moment I'm afraid it's patience required, I'm sure it will get better in time. I know Filterforge 7 works with the Mac version and I think I remember someone on the forum saying Topaz software work, Not sure about that though. A pain I know but things will improve with each update....I hope!

• Staff

Hi steeverdezines,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Not all photoshop plugins are supported in Affinity Photo. Only basic image filters are currently supported.. Anything else relying on automation, ui elements, etc will not work (which is the case of FX Box - although i haven't tested it personally. Flaming Pear India Ink is incompatible (Mac). Check this list for more details (it's a little outdated but still).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.