You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vanishing bleed Designer 1.7.0.258

If you switch between tabs, objects in the bleed area disappear, even though bleed visibility is on.
You have to turn off the visibility of the bleed and turn it on again so that the objects are visible again in the bleed area.
This needs to be improved. I present it in animation.

bleed1.gif

And the same is if I change the workspace on Artboard. Objects in the bleed area also disappear, even though the visibility of the bleed is checked in the menu.

bleed2.gif

I was going to enter a new topic... ARTBOARDS: on top of the lack of visible bleeds, I have found that Designer Beta won't output spot color when the document is set up using art boards! I want to be able to have multiple boards and be able to use the pasteboard (areas outside of the art board itself) ad be able to output spot colors. Works perfectly fine as a one canvas (non art board document)

NOTE: I have found that Publisher works a lot better in these areas, will these things get tidied up for designer? or is your intention for Publisher to become the central application with Photo and Designer feeding to that, much as the Adobe trio of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator?

Cheers

• Staff
11 hours ago, DegasBrush said:

I was going to enter a new topic... ARTBOARDS: on top of the lack of visible bleeds, I have found that Designer Beta won't output spot color when the document is set up using art boards! I want to be able to have multiple boards and be able to use the pasteboard (areas outside of the art board itself) ad be able to output spot colors. Works perfectly fine as a one canvas (non art board document)

Hi DegasBrush,

This is a known issue with Designer that should be resolved in the next build. :)

• 3 months later...

Any update on this issue? I'm on 1.7.1.404 and still have the issue of anything inside the bleed area is invisible. It renders when exporting, just doesn't show in Designer. I was just happy to finally get a visible bleed line and assumed it was working as intended, even though I'd prefer to see things in the bleed area as I'm used to with Illustrator/InDesign/etc. I didn't realize it was a bug until I started using Publisher and it's rendering the bleed area just fine.

Clip to canvas does nothing, and hiding/showing the bleed also doesn't fix it (as it was for OP during beta). I can change to outline view and see the outline of the objects within the bleed area, but nothing in vector view or the pixel views either. They can't even be selected from the bleed area in vector view, but can be in outline view (this is less of an issue as I'm generally not needing to select something in the bleed area, just an observation.)

• 4 months later...

Hello Affinity,

When is this "Bleed" issue going to be fixed? is there an update coming? My current version 1.7.3 on Mac has still this problem. 

When you open a new doc there seems to be no issue but if you save or modify it in any way the bleed is invisible.

Fix please! thanx

• 3 months later...

I also currently struggle with this issue in the new released 1.8 Version of Designer.

If I open a new document then the bleed is visible.

If I open a 1.7 Designer Doc, then I have no chance to see the bleed like the tread starter (of course checked the view settings).

Also testet saved the 1.7 doc with no bleed in 1.8 Designer, closed the doc, restart Designer, open the Doc, add the bleed in settings. No visible.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.