3) Set Spacing to 50% and draw a line

4) Select the Dynamics Tab

5) Set the Size Jitter dropdown to None

6) Set the Accumulation Jitter dropdown to Pressure

7) Click on the General Tab

8) Click on the Reset Button

9) Observe that Spacing remains set to 50%

10) Select the Dynamics Tab

11) Observe that the Size Jitter dropdown remains set to None and the Accumulation Jitter dropdown is set to Pressure

Expected result of pressing Reset is that the changed values for that brush would reset to the values they had when I opened the dialog box.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• Staff

Hey casterle,

I had trouble reproducing this until I realised that at step 3 when you draw a line, you also closed the Brush Editing dialog. If you keep the dialog open and draw a line, the Reset button works as expected.

Because you closed the dialog, you essentially confirmed the changes in the dialog, thus changing the brush indefinitely. Going back in to the same brush and clicking Reset will not change any of the settings because this is a new brush as the old preset has been overwritten with the new settings.

Does this make sense?

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey casterle,

I had trouble reproducing this until I realised that at step 3 when you draw a line, you also closed the Brush Editing dialog. If you keep the dialog open and draw a line, the Reset button works as expected.

Because you closed the dialog, you essentially confirmed the changes in the dialog, thus changing the brush indefinitely. Going back in to the same brush and clicking Reset will not change any of the settings because this is a new brush as the old preset has been overwritten with the new settings.

Does this make sense?

Hi Chris,

I agree that closing the Brush Editing dialog should commit my changes, but I didn't close the Brush Editing dialog at any point in the steps I've listed above. I just tried this again with the same result.

It appears this only happens when you follow the above steps exactly - you must create the new document each time you want to reproduce the problem.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• Staff

Hey casterle,

Right I think I got it this time...

If I select the Paint Brush Tool before I open the Brush Editing dialog, this doesn't happen.

If I open the Brush Editing dialog, make the change to Spacing and then select the Paint Brush Tool, it doesn't reset. I just checked what happens on my MacBook and it seems fine so I can pass this on for you :) Thanks! 

There's a broader nuisance effect like this where you can bring up a dialog, make adjustments and nothing happens. I've had it happen all over the place. It's always because I needed something else checked, active, etc. I'd mark it as a generic bug - you shouldn't be able to access controls that will not be permitted to make changes.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.