You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reporting localisation issues in Windows Publisher beta #257

• Staff

The latest Affinity Publisher Windows public beta #257 has all UI locales available, (so is no longer restricted to UK English since #238).

In the Edit menu > Preferences > General you can choose any of the 10 languages, restart the application and experience Affinity Publisher in that locale.

We do not expect to have got all the localisation correct yet and possibly we are not using the standard terms, so if you see any words or phrases that are out of the ordinary, or are clipped/cropped short in the Windows build PLEASE report them in this thread, stating the language and version you are running and what OS you are seeing the problem on.

Use this thread (Do not make new threads) unless you are seeing a bug that does not happen in English, so Bugs in new threads, localisation issues in this thread

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The latest Affinity Publisher Windows public beta #257 has all UI locales available, (so is no longer restricted to UK English since #238).

Wonderful, thank you.

APub .257, Windows 10, German.

'Datei > Layoutseite einrichten...'

According to https://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/spread.html spread [two facing pages in a book or other publication] is rather translated with 'Doppelseite'.

'Text > Weitersuchen' could be 'Erneut suchen'.

'Text > Ausrichtung'. IMHO it does not need 'Links ausrichten', 'Links' would be enough and precise (just as with 'Blocksatz links').
Same applies to 'Ebene > Ausrichtung'.

'Tabelle': 'Delete Column(s)' and 'Delete Row(s)' slipped through.

These are my fist findings.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 3/10/2019 at 9:57 AM, dominik said:

These are my fist findings.

d.

Do I have to be scared how you treat software? :D

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

4 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Do I have to be scared how you treat software? :D

First off, no. But thanks for pointing this out.

To correct things: those were my first findings :)

d. 

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

The German keyboard shortcuts needs some love. Some are not translated yet like left, right, up and down.

The bigger problem are the keys itself, for example it's not possible to change the object order with Strg + [ or Strg + ]. At a German keyboad layout left and right square bracket are at key 8 and 9 but Strg + 8 and Strg + 9 are already taken by zoom to real size (?) or pixel size. Maybe you can set Strg + Ö and Strg + Ä for back and front as a default like InDesign does.

Change font size with Strg + > or Strg + < is strange too. <, > and | are at the same key. The menu says/displays to make font size bigger you have to press Strg + >. In fact you have to press Strg + Shift + > to achieve the effect.

Hi,

When I set the interface in "français" and go to the "Paragraphe" tab, APub freeze. I've reset all preferences holding the CTRL key but without success.
It was working correctly with the version .249

2019-03-13_06-59-14.gif.606504c13a093c39fa46e3b981bb7ec8.gif
APub .257, Windows 7 Pro

Also, could you please make some fields larger in the dialog boxes (there are not enough space when the values are not set)

image.png.295d838aaa6b864e326086db6e33b2ce.png

Letters "on" are not showed

image.png.c55d01f5a75467e3757b6ad6dedb5624.png

The scroll bar doesn't permit to show all the text.

Thanks!

Windows 8.1, German, 1.7.0.257

Combined bug report and localization issue. In light UI icons are nearly "unreadable". There are also some translations for popup descriptions missing.

1. Draw stroke behind = Linie im Hintergrund zeichnen

2. Draw stroke in front = Linie im Vordergrund zeichnen

3. Place arrow within the line = Pfeil in der Linie platzieren

4. Place arrow at the end of the line = Pfeil am Ende der Linie platzieren

5. Swap arrow head with tail = Pfeilstil am Anfang und Ende tauschen

6. Just saw this, Start = Anfang End = Ende

7. Added: The word Gehrung moves into the left icon. But this is in general a problem with your panels, that the captions are moving positions when you increase/decrease the size of the panels.

arrows.jpg

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Windows 8.1, German, 1.7.0.257

In Preferences Search = Suchen

Having a search field there is nice to have, but Publisher is quite clean (thumbs up for this) concerning options you can set. So in my opinion noone will ever use the search ... it never came to my mind searching for "Präzise Zuschnitte" (still don't know what this is for). ;)

preferences-search.jpg

------

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.