You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop Plugins Use & Art Drawing

• Staff

Hi HulkS!

You can find a list of compatible plugins for Affinity here - http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/

Installing plugins depends on your operating system and the plugin in question, but there are multiple threads on the forums that outline this for each plugin, simply search it in the box above or let me know if you're still struggling.

28 minutes ago, HulkS said:

Is there a default plugins that transform any photo into a sketch, a nice art draw with many parameters ?

There's nothing built in to Affinity that can achieve this, it may be possible with a third party plugin but I am not aware of one that does this, but it may exist, apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@R C-Rhas written a macro that simulates a sketch.

Maybe that is what you are looking for.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

5 hours ago, jeffers said:

A basic and free little tool can give quite good results https://fotosketcher.com/

+1 for this app.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, emmrecs01 said:

+1 for this app.

Jeff

Yup, I discovered it a while ago and is a great helper. It really allows very traditional style output, but you need to play quite with the settings, like with any other plugin, to really produce sth that does not shout ... Plugin! from afar. Well, like literally in any solution found for sketch output, other than actually sketching. Or modeling in Blender the whatever, then rendering with the Freestyle thing on.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.