You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

catlover, its already there. It can be found in Layer>new fill layer>. Then select bitmap as the option in the drop down on the top left in the toolbar. You will have to choose which pattern "bitmap" that you want to use, then your screen may look a little odd but just drag out from center the cursor and your pattern can be adjusted in scale and rotation.

post-733-0-15312200-1429793229_thumb.png

Thank you, Evtonic3.

I  tried it out, works fine.

However, it's not quite what I meant :

I would like to be able to fill an object  (rectangle, or some such like)

with a pattern fill.

So far I haven't been able to achieve this.

Could yoou possibly give me a hint ?

Thanks

C.L.

• Staff

Hi catlover,

If you are looking to insert a tileable pattern at 1:1 scale, it's not possible yet.

You can fill an object with a bitmap as @evtonic3 and @Dave pointed out (make sure you press ⇧ (shift), while starting a new drag of the pattern inside the object to keep its ratio) but there's currently no way to set it to its original px dimensions.

I requested this sometime ago and hopefully we should be able to lock it to its original dimensions later.