Any thoughts on adding animation ability one day?

Tony can give a better idea about this, but another team member thought it could happen in the future in another product in the suite (not as part of Affinity Designer).

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Symbols are on our roadmap. They will be in a post release free update and will be more powerful than any symbol feature I have seen before.

Is it possible to see the roadmap on your website? I think this would be great for a lot of us :)

I really like how symbols work in Flash. Why?

• They have layers (The lack of that in AI makes them useless for me...)
  • When you double click you edit them in place
  • When you edit in place the rest of the stage fades, making clear: You're working on the items in this movieclip now, the rest matters less but is still visible.
  • The option to switch between the view modes (View / preview / antialias / full).

post-483-0-65650100-1412676117_thumb.jpg

post-483-0-64489100-1412676147_thumb.jpg

Adding some way to tile the symbols would be a great.

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

When symbols do arrive, I know they will be worth the wait. Yes, indeedy! 

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

yeahi! symbols! looking so forward to it ... and does AD import symbols from AI-files? this would be best news ever ....