You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global key definitions/mouse wheel for changing brush size

:D

Of course not. I'd use the three-modifier-keys variant for "exotic" changes, only. Like flow.
Main action (size): Alt.
Secondary action: Alt + Strg - because it's a no-brainer hitting those keys blindly.

Alt + Shift and Alt + Strg + Shift for "exotic", seldomly used parameter changes, only.

But I understood that as a matter of course. :)

20 minutes ago, haakoo said:

And what if you use a drawing tablet with only two modifier keys and no wheel button?
You'll need to switch to the mouse for adjustments? o.O

That´s another reason because I'm not sure about the mouse wheel.

I still think that PL has it good since hardness and size are separated by keystrokes so no worry if you drag vertical or horizontal.

Some of us always keep a hand in the keyboard for shortcuts, as is the fastest way to work with any design program.... Two keys for increase/decrease brush size works great for me, I used that for years... still do from time to time..... but to be sincere, since I discovered the possibility of reducing (a lot) the Intuos Pro tablet DISC sensitivity, so that using it is way more accurate now... I've become very convinced fan of it for brush size (I change hardness usually only once for an entire project, to keep style consistency, among other things. Indeed, painting with a lot of feather will lead to a "photoshoppy" style, less of an actual "paint" based style. But then, photo retouch is another story, quite different from digital painting) , in every single painting software.  The mouse wheel for zoom and (clickable wheel) pan, is just wired so in my brain. I''ve 3D modeled/animated way way too much, and I used that combo no matter if using wings3D, blender or Max.... So, I'm painting and the hand is told by the lizard side of my brain to zoom with the wheel... I don't freakin' even notice. I believe I would not really be able to do other way, at this point....I switch from mouse to pen and back, like constantly, and the amazing part is that I actually never ever notice when I do so (or when not). If they change it, I'll hack it to use it back, through X-Mouse Button control, that's for sure. But a lot of people might not be able to do so....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

12 hours ago, haakoo said:

And what if you use a drawing tablet with only two modifier keys and no wheel button?
You'll need to switch to the mouse for adjustments? o.O

Please allow quoting myself: "But the wheel spin alternative would be an addition, no replacement."

And of course I second SrPx: Zooming with the wheel is the most intuitive and best way.
This has nothing to do with habits of "old dogs".
If cars feature a steering wheel, that's not because old dogs are used to it. It's because it's the best solution.
If shoes are the way to go, it's not because old dogs just like walking in their shoes. It's because shoes are a proven means.
Like the mouse wheel for zooming/changing sizes.
Add some "innovation" by utilizing the spin speed for achieving coarse and precise changes, see happiness in the faces of old dogs and puppies alike.

End of barking. :)

11 hours ago, haakoo said:

My suggestion was to cater more users,not only old dogs with old habits ;)

Woof ! *cough* *cough* Woaoofff!

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.