You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

different image on Ap and Lr5 screen

Curley one for the weekend -- I have had similar problems with On1/Lr5 so this is not only an Ap/Lr thing. But still as had to explain / show :(
When a  LR edited raw  file is sent  to Ap (edit in > photo); the image on the Ap screen looks grainier . However the 16bit Tiff in Lr does not have that grainier look; not even when saved back to lr . It seem just a screen thing 
These screenshots sort of show the problem  

Any ideas?? 
LR.jpg.98f7dea0ac699eac3d0729cd91526252.jpgap.jpg.803835e29bcca53116db7de01f4b5bdf.jpg

Is this graininess visible at 100%? Remember that AP uses mipmaps for anything less than 100%.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff
8 hours ago, ianrb said:

I have had similar problems with On1/Lr5 so this is not only an Ap/Lr thing.

It sounds as though this may be an issue with Lr5, as the image is sent from one app to the other, it may be being compressed etc in order to be transferred.

The other possibility is that you're seeing the differences between RAW engines and noise reduction, this has been greatly improved in the Affinity Photo 1.7 beta. I'd recommend installing this and opening your images from Lr5 here to see if the issue is negated :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

FWIW,

I use LR 6.14 and tried to replicate Ian's noise issue. I don't see it when I send an image to AP 1.6 from LR. Of course I developed it as far as I normally do in LR, including Noise Reduction. I tried it with an image of a sky that I had under exposed where there is more noise. Sending it to AP, and then viewing it at 100% I could not see anything different from the RAW in LR. The images are sent to AP using  16 bit TIFF ProPhoto RGB, no compression. I don't know if Ian is using a Zip compression, which is the only compression offered by LR. 

I've attached the settings used in LR and a reduced, JPG image of how the image looked in AP. I had to scale it down to upload, the TIFF was over 100MB, and would have taken forever to upload on my primitive snail speed internet connection.

Decided to run a Zip compressed TIFF from LR to AP, in AP I could not see any difference. However to upload the 2nd image I exported from AP and not LR, and just discovered a major difference in color. I didn't do anything to the image in AP, just exported it.

Ok checked the second one, and used the ProPhoto, so changed it to sRGB and the color looks better. O.o

lr-ap EDIT.jpg

lr-ap_edit-005.jpg

IMG_2938-Edit610.jpg

Edited by Ron P.
Upload color space corrected file

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

It sounds as though this may be an issue with Lr5, as the image is sent from one app to the other, it may be being compressed etc in order to be transferred. :) 

Thanks for your thought. I was wondering similar --- never noticed the difference with other apps like Pse12/nik/acdsee/coral (???)

6 hours ago, Ron P. said:

thanks for testing /SS

My only differences are sRGB and resolution 300

Ok checked the second one, and used the ProPhoto, so changed it to sRGB and the color looks better. O.o

lr-ap EDIT.jpg