You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have just started using the new Spectre App from the Halide developers and it takes the shots in a Live Photo format as the native iPhone camera does. That means it produces a number of photos in a video style and then choses the photo, but the user also has the ability to chose  a different photo to make into a still shot to then process, but I get a message from Affinity that it turns the Live Photos and will edit only that photo, but it always reverts to the one that was chosen by the app, not by me. 

Is there any way to work around Affinity turning off the Live Photos and allowing me to work with the photo I have chosen?

Does anyone work with and edit Live Photos?

Are you Mac or windows?

On Mac you can edit Live Photo's in Photos

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

no, not in the live frame selection sense. < Talking a load of bull ¬¬

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Update: I made the frame I wanted the Key Photo, I then I clicked Done to confirm my settings and once the processing has finished I right-click on the image and choose Edit with... and select Affinity, Affinity then opens and I get the frame I have selected to be the key photo.
1893508227_ScreenShot2019-03-10at08_34_19.png.2cdf5985d08d0bed3a2b721ed4939617.png

Thanks for that

Yes in the Native capture it does that for me, but I have been trying to do the same with photos taken with the new Spectre app which takes the same live type sequence as the native app. I do the same - chose the one I want, click done then open in Affinity. I the receive the message that Affinity will turn off live photo and then it reverts back to the still at the end of the sequence to open and not the one I have chosen. I have tried quite a few options, like choosing the frame I want then turning off Live Photos and then opening in Affinity, but no luck that way either. There seems to be a disconnect. The app designers told to take it up wit Affinity, but it seems it's the app . I will write back to then yet again. 

I have worked out that I can open the image I want in Snapped and save it as a new photo and then I can open in Affinity, but it's a pain.