You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey Everybody, 

I hope you can help me to solve this problem. 

I have created this pdf file, but when I open it in designer or photo it is not showing the complete size.

omnitech_anzeige_sd_82x127mm-2.pdf

This is how the file looks like when I open it. I also cannot change the width and height to mm or cm..... 

Please help me. 

FC5CF778-8AE7-4994-B5BA-6AF3C9E9B64B.png

Edited by Alex88

@Alex88 You can resize the canvas but I suspect the issue is that the font used in the original doc has been replaced by an iOS font. The Document 'Resize' menu and change context menu from Document to Canvas. To change from points to cm, tap the white triangle next to resize context menu. Change units to cm and deselect resample. Press white triangle to return to first context menu and tick to implement changes.

Do you know what the original font was and can you load it into AD?

You can fix it yourself by selecting the font and adjusting the tracking setting to make it fit. I have attached a 'fixed' sample for you. :)

fixed text.afdesign

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

According to Acrobat the JosefinSans fonts are used in that PDF file:

used_fonts.jpg.7641df09ca8416689ce011c7d167ce4a.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You can also see font used by selecting the text tool or text studio in AD. I think the red text indicates font not available in iOS system.

ED72A3C4-C875-421D-8910-8D58EAD4ECBA.jpeg

F3424E83-6AEF-4FBC-B22A-97178C0221D2.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 3/8/2019 at 11:47 PM, DM1 said:

Do you know what the original font was and can you load it into AD?

So you already know then. - However, that PDF has embedded fonts but AFAIK AD can't make any use out of those, meaning it doesn't interpret embedded fonts. And yes that Q-marked red text indicates it can't find or access that font type.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

You can also see font used by selecting the text tool or text studio in AD. I think the red text indicates font not available in iOS system.

It’s not available natively, but Josefin Sans is a free font. As with all fonts available for direct download from Font Squirrel, there’s a handy ‘Install on iPad’ button to make installation super easy. :)

If you use the correct font, you should find that you can fix the character spacing by setting the tracking to zero for each text run.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)