You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Library names always in British English

Just a minor issue, but I noticed that while the English variant (UK/US) is displayed correctly in the UI, the libraries (palettes, brushes, etc.) are always in en-UK (e.g. "greys", "colours", "watercolours"). In version 1.6 the palette names were always in pt-BR (my locale) which also didn't seem quite right. I believe palette names should follow the language chosen in the Preferences panel.

image.png.7373e17a001f11b64bd4da74ee851ada.png

I recall reading something about that before. The swatches, brushes, etc. are created based on your chosen language, and can't change after that. 

The workaround may have been something like:

1. Change your UI language.

2. In Preferences, Miscellaneous: Reset Fills, Reset Brushes, etc.

(But that's a vague memory.)

Note that you will lose any custom swatches, brushes, etc. so you should export them first and reimport them after you do the reset operations.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

59 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I recall reading something about that before. The swatches, brushes, etc. are created based on your chosen language, and can't change after that. 

The workaround may have been something like:

1. Change your UI language.

2. In Preferences, Miscellaneous: Reset Fills, Reset Brushes, etc.

(But that's a vague memory.)

Note that you will lose any custom swatches, brushes, etc. so you should export them first and reimport them after you do the reset operations.

Hmmm... Good idea, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. This was just a notice for the support guys. Thanks anyway!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.