You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export for web (Slice Tool Feature for web export)

Hi,

I will like to see a slice tool feature that will allow me to slice my my designs and create html table.

This will allow me to create html contents from my images/designs and also create hyperlinks.

Where every slice will be a row or column in a table(tr/td). and each section of the slice can hold a hyperlink and more. 

It will now introduce export for web, which will create a html file with an inline css export to use for development.

This will stop me from switching apps and will take AD/AP/Publisher to the next level to support web and see a good feature  to support ux/ui design in prototyping

And maybe later add a responsive feature to the slices made.

Thanks

Affinity team Please look at this.

@MEB @Mark Ingram @stokerg @Sean P @TonyB

That would be neat to have an upgrade to the Slice Tool. Right now, it only exports image files but not yet html text or export for web. I'm down with this.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

you don't need to tag the whole team into each forum post

I rather suspect that Matt Priestley, Andy Somerfield, Adam Whitehouse and the other developers might have something to say about not being considered to be part of “the whole team”. And the same goes for other tech support and QA staff besides Gareth, Sean and Miguel. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

10 hours ago, Alfred said:

I rather suspect that Matt Priestley, Andy Somerfield, Adam Whitehouse and the other developers might have something to say about not being considered to be part of “the whole team”. And the same goes for other tech support and QA staff besides Gareth, Sean and Miguel. ;)

Sorry for that Affinity team but theirs no @staff handle. I just needed more attention on the topic and i didnt mean to disrespect anyone.

So does this feature look like something we can see in the future and if not i have made a request for a sdk so users and developers can create plugins for affinity products. This will take off some work load off your hands.

47 minutes ago, ehigiepaul said:

So does this feature look like something we can see in the future

Generally Serif staff do not comment on feature requests. As Mark said, they read them. They factor them into their planning. Eventually, if something appears on the roadmap then you will know that they plan to do it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

45 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I didn't say that the list of tagged people was the whole team

That’s true, Mark, but I thought you rather implied it by saying “you don't need to tag the whole team” in response to @ehigiepaul tagging you and just four of your colleagues. mellow.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)