You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.249 crashes at Start / .257 could not be installed

.249 crashes at immediate at first start after the update...   The version installed before, works very fine, but ordered me now to upgrade...

image.png.1dfb7d033077f7d27ac6d4b83b96dfae.png

So: A few minutes later, i loaded Beta .257  down, try to start the Installation, but was told by the Installer, that service pack 1 for Windows 7 is missing... (uuhhm.... i am runnig Win 10 64 :/)

Any idea, what's wrong?

• Staff

Hi fay,

That is odd, can you open open up winver (just type winver in the start menut on Windows 10) and screenshot what it says so we can try look into this a bit further?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

не открывается новая 249 версия. 2 дня танцую. Удалила и снова установила, не работает.  При этом Affinity Designer работает хорошо и хорошо обновляется всегда.

image.png

• Staff

@fay and Bepa,

I believe you are both on an older version of Windows 10 which is not going to be supported in Publisher and other 1.7 releases.

Please see here:

Running a Windows Update should fix this for you, if not I can provide you with links to the relevant updates. The reason it crashes on runup is a few older beta installers didn't correctly check the requirements. The newer installer does this correctly but the string isn't correct in non English versions so incorrectly says "Windows 7" (as covered in the above post).

Thanks and apologies for the confusion

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.