You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.257

8 minutes ago, >|< said:

I've read several mentions of the problem, so never bothered to report it myself.

Same here. Serif is aware of this.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

If not, I will

Would be great! It’s the same with the preferences that will not close after you (choosed a different language and) pushed the close button. Cats have much more patience or they want to fool us users? ;)

17 minutes ago, gabiange said:

if I copy vector objects from affinity publisher and paste to affinity designer it transforms it in an image and no more vectors

Not here, both ways I get vectors pasted as vectors. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Everyone 

I am new here and first want say I am thrilled to have stumbled upon this beta publishing program!

Definitely will buy it when the day comes.

Installed this version and tested the last one. No obvious issues yet. (Though having just updated to WIn 10 I am thinking I got lucky.)

HYPERLINKS - If there is one feature I would absolutely want, it would be to retain my hyperlinks when I paste text into Publisher. Currently the link underline is there but with no path to go to a website. :/

I am about to layout a few guide books with 100's of web links that I will have to reestablish.

If this is a feature that is soon to be added, I could wait.... rather then the druggery of putting those hyperlinks all back again.

Dan from Toronto

19 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Hi DNA0101, welcome to the forum.

Where is your text containing hyperlinks being pasted from?

Basically I copy my text from my websites into a text program then copy it into Publisher.

I tested a few word doc programs to retain the bold and line formatting with hyperlinks.  MS Word or LibreOffice Writer will save the content as seen on the webpage.

But as you know layout in those programs is a nightmare. So I am trying to develop a workflow to get my web content in book form with the least amount steps.

Uhh, a default Ctrl+W shortcut for Preview mode, I like it. Is this new on this build, or did I just miss it?

I've always found it supremely stupid how in InDesign such an essential shortcut was modifier-less and thus could never be toggled while editing a text box and, even though having to press a modifier key on every other instance takes a little bit more effort, seeing how your hands are both on the keyboard in that scenario and how it's a shortcut which you can perform with only your left hand anyway, not having to occasionally perform that extra mouse click and leave your editing task is a usability win by my book.

You may find my excitement over such a small detail to be a bit silly but, in all fairness, that's actually the shortcut I use the most in InDesign. Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm very conscious of my grids but also of my final output, so that WYSIWYG toggle is of paramount importance to me. I know you can always customise those, but having sensible defaults is also great for everyone, especially for fostering best practices when it comes to teaching students how to work with certain apps; the less preparatory work on classes and workshops, the better.

Another UI consistency nit I must pick, just to be sure: I see you've increased the button/icon size and total height, and reduced the left padding on the main toolbar, starting on Photo and now also on the latest build of Designer; we can expect the same change in the next build of Publisher, am I right?

• Staff
56 minutes ago, JGD said:

Another UI consistency nit.....

from the OP...

On 3/8/2019 at 10:06 AM, AdamW said:

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

(newer users are given a free pass, but forum regulars should know this)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
15 hours ago, JGD said:

Another UI consistency nit I must pick, just to be sure: I see you've increased the button/icon size and total height, and reduced the left padding on the main toolbar, starting on Photo and now also on the latest build of Designer; we can expect the same change in the next build of Publisher, am I right?

Yes, that's correct.