You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The current colors are really ugly, and intrusive. The Bright colors are distracting from the main artwork... I recommend soft pastels instead of the current options (something that doesn't contrast too heavily from the UI interface too)

• Staff

Hey Izzy,

There's currently a difference between the layer colours on Windows and macOS. I need to find out which one we're sticking with because they need to be the same if you're passing documents between operating systems.

Once I find out, I'll update you. Cheers :) 

they need to be the same if you're passing documents between operating systems.

I just think they should be more subtle like the Adobe palette.
I also think it shouldn't sit over the ✓ box only. It should span the entire name.
If this is an issue then perhaps do what Pixelmator Pro did? (attached)

Hopefully, an update will allow us to both customise layer colours and add to the quantity

I'll disagree on this point. because consistency in user experience is vital for any application - especially one targeted at designers and illustrators. A carefully well-designed palette would be the best thing. Maybe just double the amount of available colors instead.

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 12.30.00.png

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

consistency in user experience is vital for any application

In that case, perhaps it would be best if we would lose the ability to customize our toolbars and move around the studio palettes too, so that we all have the same tools in the same places?

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

A carefully well-designed palette would be the best thing.

As a default, yes.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

It should span the entire name.

I'm going to meet you half way here: I would suggest it be full strength under the checkbox then have an opacity gradient that extends from there to about 2/3 of the way though the area where the name could be.

I agree with the general sentiment that to have the colour under the check box is too crude. I'm not talking about the colour itself but the size and its placement. I' d rather have something more subtle, like a colour strip to the right of the checkbox.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

In that case, perhaps it would be best if we would lose the ability to customize our toolbars and move around the studio palettes too, so that we all have the same tools in the same places?

No need to go to extremes. I'm not suggesting taking away all customizability, the motivation is to keep the UX less distracting.
This is just from a professional use-case standpoint where we want to spend less time on tweaking interface elements.

As a default, yes.

Maybe making it a default is a good compromise, and allowing people to change this in the application menu for thier particular setup. So it doesn't interfere with other users setups when sharing documents.
Example:

• "Set color 1" can be a pastel on my interface
  • "Set color 1" can be neon on someone else's 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.