You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Holy cow why are my eps exports not rendering correctly?

On 3/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, v_kyr said:

From what you wrote I had the impression, that this site there (99designs) is maybe more or less very Adobe file format oriented and thus, if an Adobe tool (Ai or whatever) can't deal with it correctly (show up that EPS file), then they may say probably it's not industry-standard compliant or something like that.

That was the feeling that I had too. They don’t list affinity designer as an approved program, although they don’t go so far as to tell you what programs you can and cannot use. With the exception of saying don’t use CorelDRAW. LOL. That said I work on an iPadPro,  using an Apple Pencil most of the time. It’s a must for me to be able to create vector-based artwork and I can’t do it any other way. Gradients always seem to be the monkey wrench. And as you must know by now I’m not technical, I know what I want to be able to do but I can’t explain it with a lot of technical efficiency. But thank goodness for all of you and this forum. (especially Mike who really saved me). It’s one thing I think to help define what an industry standard should ultimately be In an ever-changing digital world, but it’s  something else to withhold information and leave people hanging so they can’t figure it out. What’s been impressive for me about THIS forum here - is that it’s open dialogue and helpful human beings. Very different from what I’ve experienced otherwise.

Lib

11 hours ago, Libbey said:

With the exception of saying don’t use CorelDRAW. LOL.

LOL What's wrong with that one? - I remember that Corel once had a huge user base on Win systems and was one of the main field players there in the past.

For iOS there are a lot of apps, sometimes I have the strange impression even more than for MacOS, seems to be still hype and everyone throws out the one or other app there. Another vector based is Vectornator there, though I can't tell how capable that one is in contrast.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 3/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Libbey said:

Lol! Aw! 

To be honest I  love working with clients. Compromise is part of lots of project work, and if we step outside of ourselves, We realize that some things are really just a matter of taste. Choose your battles ;)

I admire your dedication to the aesthetic however. Rock on!

thanks! i like your attitude! \m/\m/