You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.256 - Crash after load, maybe due to selecting swatches without an open document

Have tested this several times. Most times, it crashes out with no error report window. I do sometimes get to the point where I can get new document window to appear and create a new document and haven't tested much beyond this.

Seems to be exacerbated if I don't wait long enough after it loads to start accessing the interface. Not sure exactly what is producing the problem. Messing with the swatches panel could be a link as well (with no document loaded).

I also reported an apparent bug related to swatch panel being docked/undocked that locked the interface temporarily in the last version.

Update: It seems to be reproduce-able after selecting swatches while no document is loaded. That's the only way to reproduce it it seems. I added video. I closed the document, went back to the swatches window and it crashed... except...

In the the video, you can't see me selecting swatches... but that's what I'm doing... I am using Windows game recorder, so it may not consider that window to be a part of the interface after load.

The portion in the beginning with nothing loaded and me floating the mouse around is how it appears on my screen, nothing has manifested yet in the interface. There is an awkward delay before the interface starts to load, and for a bit after.

Just to be sure it wasn't related to the recorder, I was able to reproduce the same crash by repeating my steps in the video...

On 3/8/2019 at 4:23 AM, Sean P said:

Hi debraspicher,

Thank you for letting us know. I've reproduced the issue here and passed it on to developement. The Swatch Panel isn't correctly disabled with no documents open so is tripping up a little bit!

Yeah, the bug makes complete sense. Should be easy enough to resolve.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.