CodyB

[By Design] Poor resolution in fonts

Not really sure if I should consider this a bug or not, as I may just not know what I'm doing whatsoever. However, I recently purchased a font license and tried using it in the program, but the resolution is just not there at all. Does anyone have any tips on how I could possibly sharpen up the lines in the font so it doesn't look so awful? 

Sorry, I'm a huge amateur at this stuff and trying to get better.

2 hours ago, CodyB said:

Not really sure if I should consider this a bug or not, as I may just not know what I'm doing whatsoever. However, I recently purchased a font license and tried using it in the program, but the resolution is just not there at all. Does anyone have any tips on how I could possibly sharpen up the lines in the font so it doesn't look so awful? 

Sorry, I'm a huge amateur at this stuff and trying to get better.

What's the font? Can you provide a screenshot of the problem? There isn't much to act on here unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

@Mark Ingram

The font is "Smile and Wave" by Chris Vile

As you can see, there are the two screenshots, using the same font on two different files. The fonts are both 66 pt and on the clear one zoomed in much farther. 

I've already figured out that I could just start from scratch, but including the layers I have turned off, I've spent about 5 hours on it and I really would prefer not to do that if there's something simple I've messed up. 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by CodyB

Hi @CodyB;

Check your zoom levels. One document is set to 233%, one to 101%. Any zoom level above 100% will show pixelation. There's nothing wrong with the font. 

We have closed this issue as By design. 

Thanks,

Gabe.