You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

5 hours ago, Wickedly clever fantasy said:

Does anybody know a possible release date as I am going to be starting a major project in a few months and don't want to get started on it with InDesign as I don't think the two will be compatible?  I would rather wait and get rid of InDesign and move on but time restraints may not allow it.

Thank you

No, there is no information on a release date and Serif won't announce anything like that in advance.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

7 minutes ago, ffca said:

Not that I would recommend it for anyone else, but I took the leap and discontinued my Adobe subscription already. Using Publisher daily and it hasn't let me down yet!

Publisher hasn't let me down either.   Just finished a small "book" of 72 pages with 67 mostly color and a few black and white images, all neatly text wrapped, and a 20 page addendum with 64 color images.   Smooth as satin.   Printed with outstanding color resolution, and exported as PDFs with nary a glitch.   Absolutely love it!!!!!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

I would not recommend relying on any pre-release product for a major project. Your latest project might be a good test of Affinity Publisher to see if you can work around any missing InDesign features, but I would suggest doing the project in both products — it would not be twice as much work.

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

À chacun sont goût.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

10 hours ago, AdamW said:

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

As the months go by, and we get to the stage of release candidates, the risks will diminish. However, judging from the slow rate of progress it may be several months yet before that stable stage is reached. The guess of by Christmas by Grafkom may be rather pessimistic, but I think you will have to wait for several months at least, not just several weeks. 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

12 hours ago, Wickedly clever fantasy said:

I like the idea of doing it in both, one for real and one for practice to see how it works. I think with this project I will stick with indesignfor another go around and maybe cut the cord afterward.

Jim

I think that is the wise choice.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.