Dave Vector

Appearance Panel - Blending Mode Resets to "Normal"

I was trying out the new multiple strokes, multiple fills feature, and when I use the drop down menu to change the blending mode, deselect then re-select the object, the blending mode reset to normal.  Am I using it incorrectly?

Definitely a bug.

It is possible to get it to stick temporarily by using the mouse wheel, or keyboard, but it always reverts as soon as you click onto another object.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

11 hours ago, Dave Vector said:

I was trying out the new multiple strokes, multiple fills feature, and when I use the drop down menu to change the blending mode, deselect then re-select the object, the blending mode reset to normal.  Am I using it incorrectly?

Hi Dave,
I've reproduced this and will get it passed on to development. Thanks for letting us know!

Yes, in practice it's not currently possible to take advantage of the multiple fill idea because in practice the topmost fill becomes the only one. Any workarounds?

Well, this is not using blend modes, but as an example:

518936561_multiplefills.jpg.e106938996abfc2da48cc14cf4f1e80f.jpg

As you can see, there are six fills in total: one white solid and five with radial fill and 0% opacity at one end.

Hi, Rudolphus,

Where in the AD Beta can I find this "Appearance" panel ?

I have looked, but was unable to find it.

Thanks in advance,

C.L.

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

You need to install the latest Designer beta, i.e. version 1.7.0.258. After very first start of this beta the panel is open. If not, try menu View > Studio > Appearance.

Thanks, Rudolphus.

I guess it must be a feature exclusively for the Windows version.

I'm on Mac and it's not in there.....

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

13 hours ago, catlover said:

Thanks, Rudolphus.

I guess it must be a feature exclusively for the Windows version.

I'm on Mac and it's not in there.....

Hi Catlover,

It is most definitely not a Windows only feature! What language is your Mac and application set to? There was a known issue that caused it to not display whilst in Separated Mode, but that has now been fixed as of 1.7.0.6.

This thing is doing my head in.
I really, really can't find the "Appearance Panel" anywhere in AD, no matter in which Persona I look.
You are referring to v 1.7.0.6.
My version is 1.7.0.4 , I tried to update my Beta Version, but that results in a "You're up to date" message, see scrnshot.
I'm on Mac (not iPad), Language is set to Default (English), not separated windows, but not "Full Screen" either.
I tried "Full Screen" mode, makes no difference.
Thanks in advance for any advice, also : where can I download v. 1.7.0.6 ??

C.L.

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 14.57.12.png

View-scrnshot.png

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 14.58.35.png

Oops

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Hi, Dutchshader,

Sorry to tell you, but it's the Beta Version 1.7.0.4 that I've got, see scrnshot.

Sean is referring to Beta v 1.7.0.6. Haven't been able to find that version for download either.

It's getting curiouser & curiouser.... :/

Hi, MEB,

You're not going to believe this , that link is dead ::)

1713743123_Screenshot2019-03-12at16_02_25.thumb.png.22e3757b5c3f962bccad0c6429aafeb0.png

15 minutes ago, catlover said:

Hi, MEB,

You're not going to believe this , that link is dead ::)

1713743123_Screenshot2019-03-12at16_02_25.thumb.png.22e3757b5c3f962bccad0c6429aafeb0.png

Sorry about that catlover, MEB's link is incorrect! This is the one you need (for real!)

Sean, MEB :

Thanks a million guys, downloaded 1.0.7.6.,

Found the appearance panel.

Now all I need to know is how it works, ha, ha LOL :D

C.L.