You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I realise that this, if it were remotely possible, would be way down the list of priorities but it might be an eventual necessity for me.

I'm used to receiving "flats" produced in Illustrator and can happily open ai, or pdf (and photoshop) files directly in Designer and start exporting layers directly into my projects. The design house we work with is experimenting with Adobe XD as it helps them to demonstrate UX to their clients and the most recent project I built was primarily put together in XD. The experience for me has been awful. Some assets (Photoshop embeds apparently) come out horribly pixelated and can't be used. I have to ask for those assets to be supplied separately which destroys my established workflow. 

The experience has been so bad [for me] that we might have no choice but to migrate to an Adobe only workflow [waah! I don't wanna! I'm into Designer now].

I sat with the designer to see if we could figure out a way around the issues. XD files couldn't even be opened in Photoshop or Illustrator and there was a distinct lack of export options when it came to embedded images. So, if you could just do a better job than Adobe have with their insider knowledge of file formats used by their own software that would be grand. Cheers.

• 10 months later...

I see this post is almost a year old but here's a related tip:

If you are in a position where you need your Designer stuff in XD, you can copy and paste between the two programs. I was desperate and tried it and was extremely surprised how reliably it works.

Text layers will come in as editable text! All your vectors will be editable vectors. 

The downsides are some hard-to-understand grouping of layers by XD and your layer names will need to be re-typed—they all come in as Layer 1, Group 20, etc. But for me at least this was a life saver in bridging the gap to the developers. I wonder if you can copy and paste to photoshop as well... for editable text it could be useful.