You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

helo,

Could anybody advice if/how possible to control padding /the margins/ while Create Slice ?

or

how to export each layer to separate EPS (or selected w/out the background) ?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

• Staff

Hi @Zbigg

I'm not really sure I follow you on this. Can you please explain what do you mean by Padding/margins when creating a slice?

how to export each layer to separate EPS (or selected w/out the background) ?

You would go to the Layer studio in Export Persona, Select the Layer, Create Slice from layer, and set the File Format to EPS.

23 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Zbigg

I'm not really sure I follow you on this. Can you please explain what do you mean by Padding/margins when creating a slice?

You would go to the Layer studio in Export Persona, Select the Layer, Create Slice from layer, and set the File Format to EPS.

Thats ok, I am familiar w/that.

But what I am trying to achieve is to autocrop also the padding around the object itself.

cheers,

52 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

But what I am trying to achieve is to autocrop also the padding around the object itself.

Normally, I think, each object that you create will be on its own layer, and when you create slices from the layers they are automatically trimmed to the object size.

If that's not working for you,  could you provide a sample document that demonstrates the problem?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Zbigg

Well, not excatly. They are NOT trimmed to object size but some margins are preserved.

Because I have to use these objects as character/glyphs to be inserted inline to INDD - any margins are not acceptable /especially upper and lower ones/.

At the moment I have to adjust these paddings manually on every object.

pad1.png

cheers,

Have you tried expanding the stroke so it becomes a curve

Screen-Shot-2019-03-09-at-13-00-41.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Victory!

Expanding stroke does the thing. Although /to me/ working on a stroke exclusively is a speed up and advantage but I can understand also the limitations.

Actually above method /expanding to curve/ forces me to more carefull job so I would NOT have to make any corrections afterwards /modify filled curves instead of a simple stroke/ but in the end it pays off.

Thank you !

Btw. Suppose it d be great advantage if could be possible to select/unselect/invert selection in Layers panel - as RMB menu ?

On 3/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Zbigg

Btw. Suppose it d be great advantage if could be possible to Select All/Unselect/Invert Selection in Layers panel - as RMB menu ?

cheers,