You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saved afpub file crashes Publisher on file open

Hi,

I have been plying with Publisher for some time on mmc, latest Mojave version. Downloaded the latest Publisher beta yesterday. Created some random file to test some features, however the file when trying to open it now crashes the app. Attached.

Not sure what the problem is, perhaps too many elements in the file (was testing the speed with dozens of elements on a page).

Untitled.afpub

• Staff

Hi Keson,

I think you've managed to get this file into a "corrupt" state, it basically has an invalid reference to a Master Page that no longer exists and is crashing due to this.

We have seen this a good few times now and are still investigating the recipe for it, but if I'm correct this file shouldn't actually crash for you in the latest beta released today (257).

Do you know what you might have done before the file started crashing? Any information you can share here (adding/deleting masters, etc) might be useful for us nailing down the recipe that causes this.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@nicko_74 I've got that file open in 257 at the moment, does this crash for you every time on open?

If it does can you attach some of the crash reports generated by this crash (%AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports)

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.