You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FILTERS FROM THE WEB OR SHARED FILTERS?

FILTERS:

Had to download a separate app to apply filter onto image I am currently working on, in Affinity. I would had gladly put the money into Serif pocket, but I have no idea if they sell filters or community here has a “here download these cool filters” section. So I downloaded an app and dropped $60 for it’s filter pack, working on a project, do not have time for searching.

With that out of the way..

Does affinity photo not have a way to download different filter styles? (Besides the one’s they have) Or a online store I can pay to download a pack - like some of these app do? (If I were them I would had added one within the app - *cha ching*

I cannot create a filter to save my life, nor do I have the desire to invest the time required to learn how. Saying this bit, for those that are quick to drop the - create one, it’s easy post - how about you go create it for me ;)

Welps, that being said,

Will gladly download from wherever and willing to buy some but HOW do I get them onto Affinity Photo? 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

27 minutes ago, DM1 said:

What type of filter are you referring to?...

I honestly don’t even know what kinds - because I’m just learning about filters on this level. 

For now, the kind that makes colors pop, cinematic, vintage, 80’s, 90’s, noir, diesel punk, Art Deco, Batman 1990’s the animated series dark deco - if such a thing exists.. these would be a good start, truthfully though, as long as they look good for my projects, I’m with it. I’d just like to have a huge amount to get lost in, a huge amount of good ones of course.

Specs:

These LUT filters offer a huge range of options. Load them via the LUT filters Context menu. :)

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

6 hours ago, DM1 said:

These LUT filters offer a huge range of options. Load them via the LUT filters Context menu:)

Thank you!!!!!!!

going from all the reviews in your thread, it must be AMAZING!

Heres the thing, I have no idea how to import them into my affinity photo app. 

I already unzipped the files (with iZip app) so they are all comfortably in my cloud. Once I enter affinity photo, I have slightest idea where LUTs section is. Tried holding down question mark, doesn’t say. 

Can you provide a photo showing where I can find it? Thanks. 

Hungry to try these out.. so many in here!! I want to swim through them. 

Specs:

UPDATE:

@DM1 Found it, adjustments, click on LUT.

I am HIGHLY appreciative for you looking out @DM1

I wish there was a way to store them all, so I can just scroll through each one, to see the effects.

Unfortunately, Affinity at the moment, offers an inconvenient, non intuitive way to go about it, (unless I’m wrong - which I pray that I am)

At the moment, I have to go to the cloud, for each one. So if I’m just checking through all of them. Here’s the process:

1) Click adjustments,

2) click LUT,

3) click import button,

4) go into cloud folder,

5) go into cloud sub folder,

6) scroll through folder list of LUT names.

7) Choose it, to import. 

Now on let’s do this another 60 - 80 times? (Makes no sense)

Is there a better way I’m not aware of? I rather have them all loaded inside Affinity Photo, preferably the same way AP does with fonts. Load them all in, when you scroll through them, you actually see thier topology style, giving you “at a glance” educated decision, as to, if that’s the font style you want, without you having to click on it, just to see the effect. That’s a HUGE time saver, and workflow boost. 

Hopefully same with the LUTs.

Specs:

Unfortunately you can only load them one at a time, but you can save them by pressing the + button. To access saved LUTs you need to scroll from the Adjustment menu (top of stack) until you see LUT. This area is for 'stored' LUT filters. Keep in mind Adjustements shows all default filters and the other menus show personally saved filters. You can also toggle from menu list mode to view mode which shows a good sized image and effect of the filter.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

@DM1 You are AMAZING!! 

Not only did you bless all of us with the LUTS, you even provide videos for the proper steps,  to avoid confusion from text on screen words. 

This community should be proud to have you. I HIGHLY appreciate you, taking the extra time and effort to produce those videos. I hope I can return the  favor in kind one day. 

Thank you. 

Specs:

9 hours ago, Affinity iPad Student said:

Not only did you bless all of us with the LUTS........

You are very kind but to be clear, I simply 'linked' to the LUTs available in the resources thread. These LUTs were provided by another kind user who loaded them onto this site.  It’s not actually clear who the original author is/was. The 'Resources' thread is well worth a look as there is some great stuff there. I'm glad you found the videos useful.  You will find many people here are happy to assist with queries so don't be afraid to ask if you have further questions. :)