You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.251] [query] dragging panels around screen

Just a couple of questions regarding panels

1. Is it by design that some of the panels fill up the whole screen if you drag them to the top?.

2. I also seem to be able to drag a panel off the bottom of the screen completely.

I checked in Publisher to see if it is the same...but in this app it seems to be more dependent on the panel....So with 'Text frame' panel it re-snaps to top left but with swatches it fills up whole screen!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

10 hours ago, StuartRc said:

Just a couple of questions regarding panels

1. Is it by design that some of the panels fill up the whole screen if you drag them to the top?.

I might be misunderstanding you here, but are you referring to the Windows snapping feature? If I drag any window to the top of the monitor it will try to make it fill the whole screen.

Yep sort of...I was dragging panels around...as you do...but I noticed there are a couple of inconsistencies between apps..I think I should have addressed the query to the publisher beta really!

Most of the panels do what you expect with the Windows multi-tasking snapping on ..except that I noticed in Publisher 'Text Frame' does not...It acts as though the 'when I snap a window, automatically size it to fill available space' is toggled off....minor thing really....I must be going mad with all these new features..getting hard to keep up....I can blame Windows though, quite happily!:)

AD looking good by the way..working very smoothly on my machine!.:)..looking forward to the release.....

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.