You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

reward for beta-testers and suggestion makers?

On 3/6/2019 at 6:01 PM, tariq said:

.. who agrees that Affinity should reward this in some way.

Look at it this way: Serif has partially transferred the test resources to us because they don't have enough of them. In return we get a very fair price - and without subscription.
I don't want another reward.

The idea of compensating us somehow is an interesting suggestion, and I do not think it was bad to ask. However, I think the real reward is that we actually have a voice in the development of this app. I sometimes leave feedback for the "big guys," like Apple, but I usually have the feeling that no one ever sees the feedback who can or want to do anything about it. I do not feel that way at all about the Affinity range of apps and their developers. Bugs really do get addressed, and feature requests often do get implemented. It's easier to warm up to software when we have a line of communication with the people behind it.

I believe that (A) getting to use unreleased software months early for free, and (B) getting to leave feedback that is honestly considered and often implemented is plenty reward.

I think that the best reward Serif could give beta testers would be to implement the features that are requested by large numbers of those people! :)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

The problem with tee shirts with special logos is that they only seem to get made in a limited range of sizes, so people who are not in that size range get marginalized as they cannot participate.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, PaulEC said:

I think that the best reward Serif could give beta testers would be to implement the features that are requested by large numbers of those people! :)

And also, in my opinion, to implement things that only a few people request. For example, PDF/A support.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

5 hours ago, William Overington said:

The problem with tee shirts with special logos is that they only seem to get made in a limited range of sizes, so people who are not in that size range get marginalized as they cannot participate.

William

You all know that I was joking when I suggested a t-shirt, right?  Personally, I don't expect anything from the Serif team except another exceptional application at very affordable price.  I volunteered to participate hoping that my input would result in a better product.  I did that expecting no freebies or other rewards from the Serif team.

2 hours ago, Michael117 said:

You all know that I was joking when I suggested a t-shirt, right?  Personally, I don't expect anything from the Serif team except another exceptional application at very affordable price.  I volunteered to participate hoping that my input would result in a better product.  I did that expecting no freebies or other rewards from the Serif team.

Oh no Michael. We knew you were serious. And it caused massive butt hurt and we are all offended!

banghead.gif

LOL hehehe.gif

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

However if someone wants a t-shirt, they have nice iron on material that can be printed with a reversed logo and ... ironed on the shirt of your choice

I wonder if the logos are available in a designer file somewhere? The old logos that is as the new ones are too plain and uninteresting.

The Designer and Photo splash screens would also make good t-shirt material

These might make good free resources for the store

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

58 minutes ago, Rick G said:

I wonder if the logos are available in a designer file somewhere?

Look in the newly introduced line ends dialog box (aka Stroke). It's the last entry in the drop down ... at least as a starting point ;)

d.

Edited by dominik
Typo

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

50 minutes ago, Rick G said:

I wonder if the logos are available in a designer file somewhere? The old logos that is as the new ones are too plain and uninteresting.

The Designer and Photo splash screens would also make good t-shirt material

These might make good free resources for the store

… although I find the new logos much, much better than the old ones, here you can find them all in low and high resolution (not as vectors unfortunately): http://press.affinity.serif.com/images

4 hours ago, Michael117 said:

Well, the discussion went on to tee shirts that could be purchased, so my comments are valid for that.

Where are they available please?

William

11 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Where are they available please?

William

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/store/ very bottom of the page.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

… although I find the new logos much, much better than the old ones, here you can find them all in low and high resolution (not as vectors unfortunately): http://press.affinity.serif.com/images

Thanks! I didn't know of that resource

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png