You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EXPORT LOGO TO JPG CHANGES COLOUR

Hi,

When I export my vector logo from AD to png all is fine, original colors are preserved.
This png also keeps his colors when I insert it in a document or e-mail for example.

However, when I export my AD vector logo to a jpg this happens when I insert it in a document or e-mail.

03.06.2019-17.21.47

When I open the same exported jpg in Windows 10 viewer it looks ok as you can see below.

03.06.2019-17.18.22

When I do the same in Adobe Illustrator, this does not happen.
Both png and jpg keep the same color.

What can I do in AD to keep the color in the jpg version please?

Attached my AD file of the logo, that I used to export the jpg and png from.

DRUKWERK BORST TECHNISCHE TRAINING EN ADVIES Logo 2019.eps

Your email application likely isn't color managed or is otherwise incapable of displaying CMYK. The same is likely happening with whatever you are using for the "document." In a color-managed application that is capable of CMYK, it shouldn't happen. The PNG is being translated from CMYK to RGB when you export and so while RGB, the color is pretty faithful to the CMYK (PNG is RGB only).

So if JPG is a desired format, change your document color space in AD from CMYK to RGB for email/whatever document editor you are using. Or convert the PNG to a JPG using APhoto or another image editor.

Mike

Hi Annie,

I simply changed the AD document to be an RGB/8 document (Document Setup, Color tab) and then exported to a JPG file. My default RGB uses the Adobe RGB (1998) profile but that doesn't matter in the output as I just tried an sRGB profile as well.

Mike

Aha, getting better, I used an RGB8 profile but it keeps the "print" setting.

This is the ( better ) result if you compare it to my first screenshot, but not that same color.

03.06.2019-21.52.55

Did you chose web?

I choose web also but in the export it goes back to print

03.06.2019-21.56.23

Now I tried this in export:

03.06.2019-21.58.02

and this is the ( almost ) same color result.
What am I still doing wrong here please?

03.06.2019-22.04.29

Thank for your help,

Annie

Hi Annie,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Every image editor I tried just now will convert BED730 into BDD630 at export using a variety of RGB profiles, including a few wide gamut ones. I don't know why.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I agree there might be some difference depending on the image editor.
However, thanks to your tips, we/I am getting closer to the right color by adjusting the export color profile so it seems right?

I am very new to AD but please look at older logo's of mine that where created in AI and exported to jpg and png.
As you can see below, the brown color is pretty much the same, just looking at it does not even show a difference.

Color picker shows a very small difference as aposed to what I get so far with AD export.
Some clients can be very picky when it comes to color differences and ofcourse this will not play when they get the professional printing but they prefer having the same logo color for example in their e-mails etc. That is why I am trying to figure out in AD to get the same results as I achieve in AI if possible.

03.06.2019-22.52.41

Thanks for helping me out here!
Annie

Certain colors will always translate better than others.

At least it sounds like your clients are not using RGB JPGs/PNGs in professional printing...I have. I'll give them files for the various usages. And inevitably they will create some stuff using the RGB versions that were clearly specified for usage similar to your usages, have it printed at a local color digital copy center and wonder why (sometimes not so politely) the color doesn't closely match the print pieces I did for them. Gotta love clients.

Mike

True, it can be a pain haha.

Correct, most of my clients use professional printing and most of them use my service to handle all of that for them with my preferred professional printing company.
I do give them jpg and png's so they can add them to for example their e-mail or a quick in house document if they want to.

In their zip file ( with the AI, EPS, PDF and jpg and png ) I insert a document that explains the differences between RGB, CMYK, Pantone and Vector & personal use files.
That helps them ( those who actually read it ofcourse sigh )  to understand it, and if they did not read it and ask me later, I can just send them that document again...and again...and again haha.

Gotta love clients indeed haha.

Thanks,
Annie

25 minutes ago, LogoLogics said:

That helps them ( those who actually read it ofcourse sigh )

Thank you very much for a much needed laugh.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.