You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hi

when the Affinity  first launched i remember seeing a clip .... someone from the affinity team were discussing what was to come

this person said the code was written for the colour mesh tool ....and they just needed time to install it

my question is How much time... if this tool is to be in the next version of Affinity then ok .. i understand the need to have reasons to buy ..

but when  ... its been a long time waiting. Or have you dumped that tool altogether.

thanks .Teejay.

• 2 years later...

that was 2 years ago

where on the road are they... did they stop for petrol or are they stuffing up with big macs at a service station ...

The very last Drawplus compition you held...i won. 

i  used the colour warp tool heavily and was glad to hear that it was going to be included in affinity designer...but  when ...when is it .

i saw a video when affinity designer was first launched  and the bloke who said he had written everything up said  its all there it just needs to be programed in... when...when will it be programed in

i am going gray.... when is it puleeeeease  tell me or just shoot me and end my misery

Teejay

On 4/1/2021 at 11:47 AM, Teejay2011 said:

i saw a video when affinity designer was first launched  and the bloke who said he had written everything up said  its all there it just needs to be programed in... when...when will it be programed in

That would be @MattP, lead developer for Affinity Designer and former Project Manager for DrawPlus. Back in the day, Matt shared a beautiful DrawPlus drawing of his beloved Lotus Elise Exige where the entire body was created as a single Mesh Fill object.

Edited by Alfred
Corrected Lotus model name

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

That would be @MattP, lead developer for Affinity Designer and former Project Manager for DrawPlus. Back in the day, Matt shared a beautiful DrawPlus drawing of his beloved Lotus Elise where the entire body was created as a single Mesh Fill object.

....so could we direct our inquires as to status of development  in Affinity Designer to @MattP for further enlightenment as to progress in this area?   I would really like to see this implemented as well. Thanks 

1 minute ago, thisldo said:

....so could we direct our inquires as to status of development  in Affinity Designer to @MattP for further enlightenment as to progress in this area?

You can try, Linda, but I very much doubt that Matt is free to say anything publicly about the progress of new features unless they’re on the verge of being included in a beta release!

Alfred spacer.png

On 4/1/2021 at 11:47 AM, Teejay2011 said:

where on the road are they... did they stop for petrol or are they stuffing up with big macs at a service station ...

Maybe the roadmap got carried off in a sudden gust on the walk over to McWotsits - It got lost - maybe lying tattered in a hedgerow at the side of the A52 for the past few years? 😉

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

13 hours ago, Teejay2011 said:

i am left wondering who is there to ask  who is able to answer ....who  knows .... is there anyone there....  .......

Well, I did tag Matt in an earlier post to this thread, but that obviously wasn’t enough to bring him out of hiding! (It could be that I got the Lotus model wrong and that it was an Exige rather than an Elise, but since it was over a decade ago and it wasn’t my car I’m sure he’ll forgive me for that.)

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
On 4/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, Alfred said:

Well, I did tag Matt in an earlier post to this thread, but that obviously wasn’t enough to bring him out of hiding! (It could be that I got the Lotus model wrong and that it was an Exige rather than an Elise, but since it was over a decade ago and it wasn’t my car I’m sure he’ll forgive me for that.)

Quite right, @Alfred, it was an Exige - they're very similar, but just not the same ;)

I didn't comment because I'm busy with other tasks and I don't really have anything thrilling to add... Yes, I wrote the Mesh fill in DrawPlus, I know what to type and where to make it in Affinity Designer - the bigger issue is the tool itself, which takes longer to write, but my main reason for not adding it yet is that I'm still favouring the addition of a different type of gradient, that achieves what people are trying to do with a Mesh, but in a much neater, more manageable way... I don't really want to add 'bloat' (a tool that's there 'just because Illustrator has it') when we could do something better, but I understand the frustration of not having it (or the other option) at present... But once I add something, it's there forever - and I'm not sure if I want to commit to having the traditional Mesh Fill tool forever? Perhaps I have to, but any time spent writing that is time NOT spent writing the thing that I think would be better, so it's hard to justify, if you see what I mean?

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

once I add something, it's there forever

That’s the real stumbling block, isn’t it! It would be great to have a Mesh Fill Tool, a vector Perspective Tool, a Roughen Tool, a Dimension Tool, a Blend Tool and various other goodies, but if they can’t be straightforwardly replaced with better implementations at a later date it’s obviously rather limiting.

Alfred spacer.png

i  think i get it ..

you want the tool that you believe is better  and that you have on the back burner

why not just pull it of the back burner and give us it...please

i have never had photoshop   so i wouldnt know what they have.

but i believe affinity designer is lacking something in the colour department

I have to agree with Teejay.  We were promised this which is one reason many of us bought the program.  I'm thinking maybe there was a big mud slide that caused a huge road block.  While Designer is nice,  DrawPlus is a better program.  It has great features and it's disappointing to NOT see them included in Affinity.   Maybe they need to get a crew to remove the mud from the road and give us what was promised so long ago.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

On 4/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, Teejay2011 said:

why not just pull it of the back burner and give us it...please

Probably because it is not yet fully developed, so not ready for release or even for beta testing.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Two years is a long time to wait.  Each time there is a new version, I get excited and hope to see this feature when I open it up but... alas.... am always disappointed.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

I would also like to see some more features in Publisher.  As it is now,  I cannot give up PagePlus.  I do a monthly publication of about 20 pages and actually tried doing it in Publisher but it just did not have the tools that I need.  it has the best cutout feature that I've ever seen in any program.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104