Gerard O

AD-Artboard order when exporting to PDF

This is probably rather trivial but if there is a simple solution I would be grateful.

I am using artboards , in Designer, to approximate pages in a larger document. Started with one artboard/page  and duplicated as I needed. ( I know Publisher would be a more appropriate application and I will migrate when it is available - I do have the beta on trial) . However when I export to PDF for print the order of the pages is reversed. 

I can see no setting to arrange the order of the exported artboards/pages. I have also tried the export persona with the same result.

At the moment I open in Acrobat and reorder the pages so not a big problem but if there is a simple solution I would be happy to hear it.

thanks

Gerard

34 minutes ago, Gerard O said:

However when I export to PDF for print the order of the pages is reversed. 

The page order for artboards exported to PDF in Affinity Designer is always bottom to top in the Layers panel. It has nothing to do with how the artboards are arranged in the workspace or anything else. So for example, if you use the Artboard Tool to add Document size artboards to your file, each new artboard will be placed above the others, creating artboards in the appropriate stacking order, with Artboard1 at the bottom & so on, like this:
317198669_artboardlayerstack.jpg.664feca15cf294e8a90410b382ea5f78.jpg

I know it may seem backwards, but it is done that way so adding artboards with the Artboard Tool creates this stacking order automatically.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Thanks R C-R. 

I think I arranged the artboards top to bottom to ensure they would print in that order - so I inadvertently created the problem myself. I have rearranged the artboards on the layers panel and the print order is now correct.

Thanks again for your help

Gerard