You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New layer thumbnails - objects in proportion to page

In the new thumbnails in Layers panel - the object should fill the thumbnail, but instead is scaling like it does on the page - so small objects give you illegible thumbnails - easier to screen capture:

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

I am not seeing that here, I also couldn't find a preference for such behaviour, although to be honest I didn't look for too long. Maybe the Mac OS difference?

Edit:

Okay, if I save then close then open I do see some of the behaviour. I only have it if the object is first rotated and only after the save, close and open. Mostly though I see the same size thumbnail image regardless of the actual size change to the object. It may also have to have a stroke around it. Something hinkey going on here.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You could be right @fde101. Time will tell, I could get similar results in the other topic. Screen redraw is my catchall response for these sorts of problems.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

It may also have to have a stroke around it

You're right Bruce, thumbnail jumps to right size if I set stroke to none.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Iaing,

Is this still an issue for you in the latest 1.7.0.7 build? I've just tried it myself but cannot reproduce it.

Hi Sean, agreed, seems to be sorted in 1.7.0.7 - thank you!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.