You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table Headers for Columns and Rows - Publisher

That is what I thought based on the tutorial but no matter what I have selected, the table tool or the selection tool, it looks exactly the same.   I was able to add and remove rows and columns as well as enter information in the table, but I was never able to see the headers. I would just click in the area where the header would be. 

Can you upload a sample document showing a malfunctioning table

It may reveal some clues as to what is happening

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Well,  whatever you did fixed it.  haha.  When I booted up this morning and went to record a video and take a picture everything worked.  You must have scared it.  Thank you for your patience.

2 hours ago, dnels said:

Well,  whatever you did fixed it.  haha.  When I booted up this morning and went to record a video and take a picture everything worked.  You must have scared it.  Thank you for your patience.

Ok, well it did it again.  At some point during editing the document the table loses its headers and I noticed that the text boxes also lose the ruler.  However, if I completely quit the program and restart, the headers and ruler appear once again for a while.  That makes me think it isn't the file itself....however, I have attached it.  When it does it again I will take some screen shots/screen casts. The table is the FAQ section.

Student Guide.afpub

If you switch on File > Save History With Document then when it happens again save that document and upload it also, as well as the screenshots

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 months later...

Jumping in on this - I'm having the same issue, where the table row/column headers disappear after a while...I can't find a pattern to when/why it happens; after a while they simply stop showing when I select the table. Quitting and restarting Publisher brings them back, as per the comment above.

This is using the paid release Publisher 1.7.1.

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 8.03.32 pm.png

• 4 months later...

I have this exact issue as well - only my HEADERS don't ever show up.... is there a fix for this?

It is most frustrating when in the middle of some good flow, one has to stop and take the time to search for and find a tutorial, only to be denied in the work flow.  I find Designer and Photo to be just awesome apps... this, on the other hand is loaded with bugs.

Please advise.

Cheers1068210698_ScreenShot2019-10-23at11_16_02PM.png.fa77ee033ac5effbec290c34ed44d17b.png

Edited by JoeFine2
spelling

I've also had this problem for a while seems to be a transparent overlay glitch as it only seems to effect the the tables columns and rows and tabs rulers - quit and re-starting pub seems to fix it but it can return in minutes or days???

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 9 months later...

Is anyone still having issues with the tables? I am not sure if this is my lack of expertise but I am trying to place text above my table and just can't seem to do it. The table gets highlighted and any text I try to type gets placed inside the table, not above it. In fact, I have two tables in the document but only the second table gets selected.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.