BatteriesInc

Preference for default enabling of "preserve history with document"

As I am working through some tests and your workbook, I have come to appreciate the ability to stop working on something and resume later.

The problem: I always have to manually set "Save history with document".

I would greatly appreciate a Preference setting so this can be temporarily set as a default.  I know it makes files a lot bigger, but for some projects it's worth it and I can always save once with it disabled to remove the history from the file.

Cheers, Binc

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Hopefully this isn't threadjacking -- I'd vote for having an option to turn this on by default across the suite, not just for designer.

https://bmb.photos Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme, including paper outputTools: macOS (Primary: Mojave, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: X), Epson

Jack away - I actually agree 9_9

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404, Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

9 hours ago, Pšenda said:

It's not a suggestion that a setting for this be enabled by default in the _general case_. My interpretation is that we want a setting to allow _us_ to turn it on by default. To my knowledge, there is no option at all right now; it's manual enable for every new file even when we know/are willing to consume the storage space.

https://bmb.photos Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme, including paper outputTools: macOS (Primary: Mojave, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: X), Epson