You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preference for default enabling of "preserve history with document"

As I am working through some tests and your workbook, I have come to appreciate the ability to stop working on something and resume later.

The problem: I always have to manually set "Save history with document".

I would greatly appreciate a Preference setting so this can be temporarily set as a default.  I know it makes files a lot bigger, but for some projects it's worth it and I can always save once with it disabled to remove the history from the file.

Cheers, Binc

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this isn't threadjacking -- I'd vote for having an option to turn this on by default across the suite, not just for designer.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

9 hours ago, Pšenda said:

It's not a suggestion that a setting for this be enabled by default in the _general case_. My interpretation is that we want a setting to allow _us_ to turn it on by default. To my knowledge, there is no option at all right now; it's manual enable for every new file even when we know/are willing to consume the storage space.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

• 11 months later...

Just wondering if there's any way yet to skip/avoid this popup? I used to be able to just hit enter & it would select yes for me, but that's no longer doable since I'd updated to the version prior to 1.8. I'd really love having a check option with 'Do not show this message again'. After selecting this numerous times in one hour it gets decently annoying....

Thanks for thinking about it again! ;)

image.png