Gear maker

[Fixed] Gradient symbol is offset when copied, sometimes

I just started using 1.7.0.5 and had drawn a base I liked.  And I needed almost the same for a top, so I drew it again.  As in Test2.  Then I wanted to copy the gradients from one to the other so I did a cmd C on layer "1" after selecting it in the layer panel then selected layer "A", again in the layer panel, and did a shift cmd V.  All looked good. 

Test2.afdesign

I then I did a cmd C on layer "2" after selecting it in the layer panel then selected layer "B", again in the layer panel, and did a shift cmd V.  The color looked good but the gradient symbol was not showing.  After zooming back I found it an inch or so above the canvas.  Copying "3" to "C" also put the symbol above the canvas.  Like wise did "4" to "D".

Why the offset in the location of the symbol?  I tried zooming in to the letter named layers but that didn't change the position.  I've tried this several times and A is always correct while B and C are always moved.  Any idea why?

I see we still have the funny gradient symbol that we had in 1.7.0.4.  I take it that imparts some skew on the gradient when adjusted.  Or I can just click on a corner to delete the dashed portion.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Howdy Gabriel,

When I just tried it again using 1.7.0.8 I thought it didn't do it.  But then I found that I had to be in the Fill tool.  Then I got the following when doing a Paste Style in layer "B" that was copied from layer "2" while in the Fill tool.  See how the Gradient symbol is off the canvas.  It looks like the symbol has moved twice the actual distance as the space between layer "2" and layer "B".

1370069914_ScreenShot2019-04-03at6_35_51AM.png.b4ab5f6983e2450d16b44729f9805c11.png

Toggling between the Fill tool and the Move tool results in the following video.   Can you try it again in the Fill tool?

Thanks.

Mike

image.png

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Your gradient is placed off-object in the 2-3-4-5 and 6 layers. Select the Fill tool, and then select those layers in the Layers studio. You will notice the gradient is not placed on the shape, but above. when you copy-paste it, it keeps that offset - Which is correct and expected.