You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 minutes ago, Worthy Image said:

Delete and backspace do not work when editing text on a curve. You have to drag select the area you want to edit and delete it or replace it with the correction.

The MacBook I'm using at this moment does not have a Backspace key but, in both Designer and Publisher, the Delete key works fine with "artistic text" on a curve.

I'm using MacOS 10.13.6, Designer ß 1.7.0.4, and Publisher ß 1.7.0.249.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

4 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

@cubesquareredux: You have no „Backspace" key, but you may use fn+backspace instead. This emulates the key. :)

I have the extended keyboard, there are two delete keys. The delete key under the fn key is the "backspace" key I was referring to. However, the main point is that trying to delete added a blank space rather than deleting the last character typed.

20 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

I know, @Worthy Image!. My reply refers to cubesqareredux. :)

But did you try to restart Publisher and try this in a newly created document?

Thank you for your help. It was a new install of the most recent beta and a newly created document. I will restart my Mac and try again. It’s not an urgent matter, I just wanted to let the Affinity Publisher team beware of the issue. 

1 hour ago, Worthy Image said:

However, the main point is that trying to delete added a blank space rather than deleting the last character typed.

Yes, I see that now in your video clip, thanks – but, as I said, I don't have the same problem in either Publisher or Designer.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

3 hours ago, mac_heibu said:

Yes, just try it. I can’t reproduce the issue with both (extended and small) keyboard on my iMacs.

2 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

Yes, I see that now in your video clip, thanks – but, as I said, I don't have the same problem in either Publisher or Designer.

Restarting the iMac has solved the problem. I can't reproduce the issue. Thanks again.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.