You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI design for Redominator (Polyphonic Synthesizer)  iPad Air + Plug-in UI. 

IsabelAracama

This is a 2017 project I was not yet able to showcase. It was a fantastic project to create and design the iPad version ( plus a UI for the plug in version) from the polyphonic synthesizer Redominator (Audiorealism) that finally was not released due to business reasons out of my control. However, it was nearly finished both from design and dev points of view,  and I'm showcasing it a couple of years later, so I can tell you that back in the day, apart from a couple of little bugs moving things with the cursor keys and some issues I had with the slicing part, the whole experience overall was lots of fun and I loved it, as much as the result.

This is a preview of the interface. You can see many more details and a test demo video on this link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/75938293/UI-deisgn-Redominator-(Polyphonic-Synthesizer)-iPad-Air?

Redominator_Sample_UI@2x.thumb.png.15aaa1b99a6a8e0b0b2be14ab6bdf0df.png

Thanks Marc! Yeah, this keyboard looks a bit curved but we had several designs for it to choose from. This would have still be fine-tuned probably, as well as the turn for the knobs or the 4 arrow button that eventually became only 2 buttons for the sake of being able to really use it with comfort. In the project I posted in my portfolio, you'll see there's another design for the keyboard. And I agree, yes I should post more! hahaha. Been working a lot lately in Photoshop and traditional techniques, so ... heheh.. well.. ;)

image.thumb.png.eaf5a3da1cc0cd5ab68703996fbdd8a5.png 

53 minutes ago, VectorVonDoom said:

That one looks better. I liked your properly skeuomorphic designs, hope that style comes back soon (I'm no where near the only one who does). But this is sort of in between so it's not boring flat. Hadn't noticed your DeviantArt account before.

You got it so right! haha... so one of the things was that the dev and I wanted something not overly flat despite the trends, but not totally skeuomorphic cause of the trends lol... So I proposed an in between and I think this got a nice not boring flavour, and very clean. I also think there's lots of room for skeuomorphism in the music industry and I think there will always be. And so I keep doing lots of it cause I love it! Yes, my Deviantart is there for experiments and other kind of artwork. Kissand thanks for taking the time to comment on this project!

I've played lots of Synths in my time; I wanted to reach out and start turning dials and stuff because it looks very realistic.

Very nice work.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.