You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 251 - regression bug - dialog boxes appearing off-screen

My setup is a 4k 40" vertical monitor centred above a 21" angled monitor.

A while ago there was a bug where I'd be editing on the big screen, add an adjustment and the dialog box would appear 'off screen', effectively in the angle between the two screens. It seemed it was caused by a software assumption of a rectangular workspace. It was a right old pain, to say the least.

You fixed it in one of the revs and it's been working fine for a good while.

Now, in AP 251 it's come back.

Argh!

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• Staff

I'm struggling to reproduce this. I'm using a 4k 24" monitor in portrait which is stood next to a 24" 1080p monitor in landscape. I've positioned the 4k monitor above the 1080p monitor in Display Settings. Maybe the size of your 4k monitor is what is triggering this. 

Would you mind taking a screenshot for me?

I can ask what may have changed since the last build which could have caused this in the meantime. 

@Chris B - here's video of it happening.

Here's my setup. Dialog boxes are appearing in space to right of 21" monitor, when AP is on big or small monitor:

390476318_compscreens.thumb.jpg.c9086f2ba7ca242266d0cbd0ef07bbe4.jpg

Here also is the report and discussion of the same thing from a year ago. See last post where you acknowledge bug and promise fix (which worked):

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.