You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.70.249 Mac 10.14.3

I'm new to Publisher and I guess I'm missing something. I understand about loading the cursor with overflow text but when I click and hold the shift key new facing pages are generated, but the text only flows to the left or right based on the page I start from.

I would expect the text to flow to both left and right pages, as in a novel - this is how InDesign works.

Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet?

Thanks,

Geoff

3 hours ago, GeoffW said:

1.70.249 Mac 10.14.3

I'm new to Publisher and I guess I'm missing something. I understand about loading the cursor with overflow text but when I click and hold the shift key new facing pages are generated, but the text only flows to the left or right based on the page I start from.

I would expect the text to flow to both left and right pages, as in a novel - this is how InDesign works.

Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet?

Thanks,

Geoff

Do you have a Master Page applied? Are there Text Frames on the Master Page and are they linked together on the Master Page? If they are not linked then what you described is what would happen. If you have no Master Page and draw a text frame on the page it will flow properly onto both pages, if you have a Master Page with nothing on it and you draw a text frame on the first page again the text will flow properly. The only way I can get your described behaviour is to have unlinked text frames on the Master Page.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks, Old Bruce that was the magic I was looking for. I didn't create two unlinked master pages on purpose, it was just how it ended up with my tinkering.

Lesson learned and so now I know what not to do.