You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to give Image round shaped corner?

How to give Image round shaped corner like this rectangular? Does image have properties I did not find or does this function lack? Changing Join does not give me what I'm lookking for. Makes the border line tiny little bit rounded, but does not give round shaped corner like the rectangular

thanks for your help

1891707536_AffinityPublisherBeta_image_roundcorner.thumb.jpg.66d599763bf254d9c2ae17ae0ace2aa1.jpg

Create a picture frame, place the image inside. Look at the context menu at the top. There are the options for rounded borders. Do not convert the picture frame into a curve to get the extra options.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bo92fr said:

Is it the same way to create text box with round shape ?

Yes, but you don't create a round text box. Instead, draw a circle on the page, then draw a text box around the circle.  Then, go to Text> Text Wrap>Text Wrap Settings and select the Inside option. You can adjust the spacing for the text inside the circle from the Text Wrap Settings dialog box.

Text Wrap 2019-04-07 07-32-41.jpg

Affinity Publisher Beta - <Untitled> [Modified] (56.8%) 2019-04-07 07-29-59.jpg

50 minutes ago, Michael117 said:

Yes, but you don't create a round text box. Instead, draw a circle on the page, then draw a text box around the circle.  Then, go to Text> Text Wrap>Text Wrap Settings and select the Inside option. You can adjust the spacing for the text inside the circle from the Text Wrap Settings dialog box.

Simpler: Draw a circle, then Layer > Convert to Text Frame.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 minutes ago, Bo92fr said:

I explain me wrong : Is it possible to configure round angles on a text square box ? Like square object ? 

You can apply the ‘Convert to Text Frame’ command to a rounded rectangle.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Bo92fr said:

Thanks... 
Is it possible to have in an update the same single radius tool as rectangle shape ?

Yes, a Text Frame made from a Rounded Rectangle can have either a single radius for corners or individual radius settings.

(Why not just try it?)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Maybe one day we have more freedom in creating different shapes (and converting them to other shapes) of text frames. In the meantime you could add a master text frame with rounded corners to Assets.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed