You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tables: Delete Row(s): different behavior

Win 10, AP 1.7.0.249:

When using the context menu on the left of a table to delete many selected rows, the behavior is different depending on which mouse button (left or right) is used to show the context menu:

Always many rows are selected:

Right mouse button (obvious behavior):

• shows context menu with "Delete Row(s)" upon others
  • "Delete row(s)" is selected
  • all selected rows are deleted --> expected behavior

Left mouse button (unexpected behavior)

• shows context menu with "Delete Row(s)" upon others
  • "Delete row(s)" is selected
  • only the single row where mouse click for the context menu occurred is deleted  --> unexpected behavior

I wouldn't say that the left mouse button behavior is wrong, but at least it is unexpected. I would expect for a context menu named "Delete Row(s)" that it deletes the currently selected single or many rows.

In case the left mouse click behavior should be to always delete a single row only, then the context menu should be named "Delete Row" (always singular.) when it was called by the left mouse button.

• 4 weeks later...

Related to this issue. The 'wrong' row is deleted if using the rt-click context menu. If I have one row selected (e.g. 7) or the insertion point inside a cell in that row but use rt-click -> context menu -> delete row from another row (e.g. 12) the first row is deleted.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.