You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create document palette from document

Not working as I expect.

1) Created a simple document in Indesign with 3 coloured rectangles (1 spot, 1 RGB, 1 CMYK) plus some text in black.
2) Exported as PDF X-3.
3) Openend PDF in Publisher and created document palette from document.

Result: Having now 5 colours in the document palette. One seems to be white, but if I use the CMYK slider it has 1% Cyan (rest 0). When you click the spot colour rectangle and look at the colour it says spot colour. If you look at the colour in the palette the colour is not marked as spot. Unfortunately I can't convert this colour into spot again. Unless you are not going to re-assign the colours from the palette the correct colour information of the objects is still intact.

Other observation: Although imported the palette from the document the colours seem to have nothing in common. E.g. clicking on one rectangle I expect to see the colour marked in the palette, but this is not working. If you re-assign the colour from the palette for the objects the fill will be shown in the palette.

farben.pdf

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi Joachim,

Unfortunately create document from palette isn't designed to work this way at the moment. There are future plans to improve this feature to correctly retrieve fills that are used in the correct colour modes.

Essentially at the moment it just retrieves a render of the pdf which is leading to some inaccuracies

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, Jon P said:

Essentially at the moment it just retrieves a render of the pdf which is leading to some inaccuracies

Have to give this a bump, because Create Document Palette from Document isn't even working from starting a new Publisher document (means no import, no conversion). Publisher should at least recognize its own colours.

palette-from-document.afpub

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Please double-click the colours having now in your palette and look up their definitions. They should differ from the coloured rectangles you created first.

------

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.