You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect display of Wacom cursor size.

The size of the brush cursor when using the tablet Wacom pth-451 is not displayed correctly. When recording through the program is not fixed. I had to record video from the phone. Sorry for the quality of the video.

This problem was reproduced on 4 different PCs running Windows 7/10 64 bit.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

Hey Max N,

I think we're just placing a black dot inside the reticle to give you an idea of the shape of the brush. The app has no way of knowing how much to preview that dot in terms of size (it has to guess) as it is entirely based on how much pressure you're about to put down. It's almost like the reticle is its maximum size. 

I could be wrong but this is how I've always known it and we tried it out in another app and it was doing the same thing.

58 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey Max N,

I think we're just placing a black dot inside the reticle to give you an idea of the shape of the brush. The app has no way of knowing how much to preview that dot in terms of size (it has to guess) as it is entirely based on how much pressure you're about to put down. It's almost like the reticle is its maximum size. 

I could be wrong but this is how I've always known it and we tried it out in another app and it was doing the same thing.

Yep, this is correct. The outer circle represents how big the brush will be at full pressure.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Yep, this is correct. The outer circle represents how big the brush will be at full pressure. 

When the pressure is minimal and the point of the minimum diameter is drawn, the cursor still displays a huge one. The sketch of the brush begins to correspond to the force of pressing when you begin to move the brush. If you don’t move the brush, just press the cursor on it like it’s on the video.
The preview overlaps the working canvas and as a result it is impossible to position the brush. So it should not be. The cursor should behave the same when pressed without moving and with pressing with moving. Now it is not. And the preview should not interfere with the positioning of the brush when drawing.

Windows 11 64-bit,

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

In the last release, with any force of pressing, a point of a fixed diameter was drawn ignoring the force of pressing (but only when drawing a point, without moving the brush). The diameter of the drawn brush corresponded to the preview. I described this problem.

When I described the problem in 2017, she sneered like that. The diameter was always the maximum and the brush, when pressed without moving, always painted a point of fixed diameter.
Here is the error report on the forum:

Already better. The diameter of the preview of the brush is no longer the maximum. But when drawing a point, the program still ignores the pressing force.
Here is a problem report. And how it began to look. (On the video recorded through the program, only the internal cursor without a stroke is visible. Brush stroke is not displayed when recorded by programs.)

New problem report.
Now the brush began to draw a point without ignoring the pressing force, but the sketch still fences the canvas and does not see where I put the beginning of the line.

Since 2017, I expect when work in the AP with the tablet will be possible. Every year there are positive changes, but still the tablet can only be used if you turn off the response to pressing force. This is very sad. For such works still have to use PS. You can say this is the last step in the length from 2017 to today to the abandonment of Adobe products, which neither will happen.

Windows 11 64-bit,

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Max N,

This is not entirely true. I wrote about this issue in 2017. It consisted of 2 points: 1. When drawing a point, the brush did not react to pressing and drew a point with an arbitrary equal diameter. In 2018 there were some changes, the brush size decreased slightly. In 2019 I was able to draw a point of any diameter, which I want. I hope that in 2019 I can already see where I put this point.

Windows 11 64-bit,

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

And some of the information is in our correspondence with you in the messenger form.

Windows 11 64-bit,

On 3/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mark Ingram said:

How to get to the top of the line? A preview of the brush obstructs the drawing.

2122425974__2019_03_11_11_24_33_453.thumb.gif.1fc04ea9c8d27aa5958d526dfb749dec.gif

In the real world, the tool would look like this.

1.png.8cdbc4c95210304b32a815061834d739.png

The probability of hitting the point like in a lottery or blindfolded.

If (as a possible solution to the problem) reduce the transparency of the preview, then the user will be able to see what is under the preview.

Windows 11 64-bit,

10 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

The pressure preview should reduce down to a single point for the next stroke, so yes, it looks like there's a little problem there. 

The problem is really small.

But new users who are still not loyal enough to AP / AD, such small problems can be an obstacle to the transition from adobe products. I often tell my friends about the transition from PS to AP, about the benefits that I received, and I want to have as few flaws as possible. The serif programs are my love :) I wish that we would get more every year :)

Windows 11 64-bit,