You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo could not be launched. Please press cancel.

• Staff

Hi jmark4545,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm, are you using the Affinity Store or Apple App Store version of the software?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thank you both, this is an issue our devs are aware of and appears to be fixed in the latest 1.7 beta. Please try downloading this from the following link and letting me know how you get on!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information on the beta version. I downloaded it from the link you provided. This box appeared when I subsequently launched Affinity Photo Beta. It states: "To participate in the beta you need to install Affinity Photo Beta from the Mac App Store, or have a valid product key."

1. I don't see Affinity Photo Beta in the Mac App Store.
  2. Where is the product key?

(Note that I purchased Affinity Photo from the Mac App Store.)

Thanks!

1761251079_ScreenShot2019-03-07at7_23_29PM.png.a0de421523c20ae4dbb33d9159027541.png

Did you sign into the Mac App Store using the same name as you purchased the application with?

You can check the Purchased tab to see all the apps you have bought. 

The Application has to be in the Applications folder, it can not be in any other folder even if that folder is in the applications folder.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

16 hours ago, jmark4545 said:

It states: "To participate in the beta you need to install Affinity Photo Beta from the Mac App Store, or have a valid product key."

@MEB, surely his has got to be a typo in the beta or some such, since betas are not available from the MAS, right?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

15 minutes ago, R C-R said:

@MEB, surely his has got to be a typo in the beta or some such, since betas are not available from the MAS, right?

That was reported a day or two ago in another thread.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Texasbest3210,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm not sure I understood you. What are you looking for exactly? Do you want to know from which thread you can download the Betas? If so for which product - Affinity Designer or Photo and for Mac or Windows? Note that the Affinity Photo/Designer Customer Betas require the commercial/retail version installed (or a serial number) to run. Only Affinity Publisher can be freely installed since it wasn't officially released yet and is available as a Public Beta.

1 hour ago, Texasbest3210 said:

I don't have that thread can you send it please!

If you mean the thread where the message issue was reported, it didn't say much more than R C-R did, above, as I recall.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you mean the thread where the message issue was reported, it didn't say much more than R C-R did, above, as I recall.

Maybe this topic?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

20 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Maybe this topic?

Yes.

-- Walt
PC:

On 3/8/2019 at 8:29 AM, MEB said:

Hi jmark4545,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you have moved Affinity Photo app (Mac App Store version) version from the root of the Application folder to somewhere else? If so put it back in the root of the Applications folder and try to run the beta again.

I am now able to use Affinity Photo Beta successfully. Here's why:

First Issue - "Affinity Photo" wouldn't (and still won't) launch from within Apple Photos.

• Solution to first issue: Use "Affinity Photo Beta". Down load it. Install it. Launch it from within Apple Photos.

Second Issue - I downloaded "Affinity Photo Beta" but couldn't complete the installation of it.

• Solution to second issue: My "Affinity Photo" app was in the wrong directory. I moved it back to Macintosh\Applications. I then double clicked on the "Affinity Photo Beta" app and it launched and installed successfully. Next, I opened Apple Photos and successfully launched "Affinity Photos Beta" from within Apple Photos.

Below is a photo of what I now see from within Apple Photos. You can see that both "Affinity Photo" (triangle shaped icons) and "Affinity Photo Beta" (square shaped icons) are available. I now use just the beta options.

Thank you to everyone who helped with this successful resolution.

:)

518988734_ScreenShot2019-03-11at8_24_08PM.png.3bd5f9b700683a415c71b0b591fe31c4.png